Wednesday, October 13, 2010

3D - And then we added a new demension!

On my school the second year character animators always learns 3D, and so did our class. I must admid that I was a bit nervous about it, having thoughts like: what if I can't really animate but only draw pretty drawings. But enough whining, doesn't get us anywhere!
3D is not as bad as I feared. It gives new problems and limmits, but also new possibilities and freedom.
For now I still prefer 2D, I believe that it contains some kind of personality that 3D still lacks, not just in the design, but also the acting and movement. But I know 3D's still a kid, and I can't wait to see what the future brings!

A lot of buttoms and things to learn, so we started out "easy" with some ball animations. This was as always a way to understand timing and spacing, and I must say that it felt a lot easier to understand that last year when the animation buissness was all new to me.

Untitled from Sandra N. Andersen on Vimeo.



Soon after we had to try and put some personality in the ball. My idea was that the ball was a prisoner trying to escape... however the prison did not get that intimidating... But modern prisons aren't so that's ok! I tried to play around for making walls and furniture by using blogs and polygons.

Untitled from Sandra N. Andersen on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment